Vegetable Kurma can be had with chappathi .You can add any vegetables of your choice.
- Chopped vegetable - 2 cups(carrot ,beans ,potato ,peas)
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil - 3 tbsp
Whole Garam Masala
- Clove -2
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Cardamom - 2
- StarAnise -1 small
- Bay leaf - 1
Ground Paste - I
- Onion - 2 , big
- Ginger & Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Green chilly - 3
- Poppy seeds - 1 tsp
Ground Paste - II
- Grated Coconut - 4 tbsp
- Badam - 4
- Cashewnut - 7
- Heat oil in a pan , add the whole garam masala ,when it splutters ,add the ground paste -I and coriander powder and stir it well.
- Let it cook in low flame for 10min.Keep on stirring ,have an eye else it will get burnt.
- Now add the chopped vegetable and salt .Mix it well.
- Add 3 cups of water ,when it comes to boil close with a lid ,cook till the vegetables are soften.
- Now add the ground paste -II ,and mix it well with the cooked vegetables.
- After 2 min.Remove from heat and serve.
- Serve with roti.
- If you want a thick gravy add less water.
- Dont let it boil after adding ground paste - II, the coconut gets cooked in the heat itself.
- Adjust the spice according to your likings.
Linking this to Anu'e event CLoves-SYF-HWS series Hosted by Hema's Adugemane