This is my our family's favorite rice.It is quite pain taking ,but the outcome is fabulous and tasty.Serve hot with onion raita and potato chips.
- Basmati Rice - 2cups , washed and soaked for 10min.
- Tomatoes - 8 medium size
- Onion -2 sliced
- Chillies - 7 slit
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sunflower oil - 3 tbsp
- Butter-1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Water - 2 1/4 cups
- Ginger- 1 tsp
- Garlic paste - 2pod
- Saunf - 1/4 tsp
- Take a pan and boil water, put a cross mark with a knife in tomatoes and add to the boiling water with the salt . let it cook for 15 min .
- Remove the skin , and grind the tomatoes into paste. (and strain them ,it is optional).
- Heat oil in pressure cooker add the whole garam masala let is splutter.
- Add onion ,fry it till golden brown, add green chillies
- Add the ground paste ,and leave for 2 second.
- Now add all the powder ,salt and the tomato juice .
- Let it cook till the oil separates.
- Then add water and let it boil , add the rice.
- Leave it for 1 whistles.
- Serve hot with onion raita and potato chips.
- Blancing the tomato and making it juice and adding to the rice makes it more flavorful.
- Removing the skin of the tomato will make the rice more presentable .
- Roasting the rice makes it more fluffier and the grains will be separate