Curd rice is a my favourite.I tried many versions but this one is a definite keeper.I tried adding Greek Valley Yogurt as i dont make curd at home.If you have curd ,use single cream also ,which enriches the taste and flavour.Dont add too much.
I have added the butter in the last and let it melt and added directly to the rice.Dont let it too long as it turns to brown color.Adding butter was definitely tasty,but u can add once in a while .Add jeera before the adding the butter ,as it might turn too brown.
After adding seasoning to the rice dont stir it for too long as all the spices dont get visible ,personally i like to see them on the top.
You can add a pinch of ajwain if u r serving immediately.You can add fruits of your choice too.
- Raw Rice - 1 cup
- Water - 2 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Greek Valley Yogurt - 1/2 cup or [ Curd - 1/2 cup + 2 tsp of Cream ]
- Salt as needed
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Split Urad dhall - 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilly - 1 , cut into small pieces
- Cashew- 5nos,cut into small pieces
- Curryleaves - 2 nos
- Jeera - 1/4 tsp
- Gingelly Oil - 1/2 tbsp
- Butter - 1/2 tbsp
- Pressure cook rice with 2 1/2 cups of water and milk for 3 whistles,leave it for 5min in simmer and switch off.
- Add salt.Mash the rice completely when the pressure is released.
- When it cools down ,add the curd and a cup of water(warm) and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan ,let the mustard splutter.
- Add split urad dhall and fry it golden fry
- Add the cashew , green chilly and curry leaves.saute it till the cashew turns golden brown.
- Add the jeera when it splutters , add the butter and let it melt.(Dont leave it for long as it turns brown).
- Add it to the curd rice and mix gently.
- You can add fruits of your choice and mix well.