The first time i baked it was a disaster,i mailed Priya ,to know where i have gone wrong.She gave me a lot of tips and she encouraged me a lot.Thanks Priya.
Happy to share the Tips given by priya to me....
- Don't overmix, its not cake, less mixing gives better tasting muffins
- I used self-raising flour - it is a combination of maida/ all purpose flour + baking soda + pinch of salt.
- If you are using only all purpose flour/ maida make sure for every cup maida you add 1 and 1/2 baking powder and pinch of salt.
Makes:12 small muffin
- Fresh Cream-1/2 cup
- Granulated Sugar-3/4cup
- Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
- Self Raising Flour-1 1/4
- Fresh Grated Orange Zest -1/4 tsp
- Chocolate chip as -2tbsp + 1 tbsp for muffin case
- Fresh Orange juice with bits-1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180C degrees.
- Line the muffin case with paper case and add the 2-3chocolate chips to each each muffin case.
- In a bowl whisk together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add egg,vanilla essence,flour,orange jest and orange juice with bits.Beat them just enough for them to mix together.
- Add some chocolate chips to the batter and give a stir.
- Scoop the batter to the muffin cases ,you can top with some chocolate chips if you want to and bake for 20-25 min.When toothpick is inserted it should be clean and the top should be golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold.