When i was small , my father used to get Kothu chicken and Parotta every weekend.It was yummy , after many years when i wanted to try it again in madurai i couldnt get it any where.I missed them a lot.I tried to recreate it at home,I wont say this is exactly the same .It was so juicy and spicy.Do try this , you can use left over chicken from gravy or briyani to make this.It taste so delicious if you add more onions.
Serves : 2
Cooking Time : 20min
- Chicken - 4 pieces,cooked in chicken gravy
- Onion - 1 ,chopped finely
- Red Chilly - 1,split
- Curryleaves - 5nos
- Saunf - 1/4 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
- I have used chicken from the chicken gravy / kulambu prepared.
- Shred the chicken pieces completely in hand not too tiny.
- Heat oil in a pan , add saunf ,when it splutters
- Add redchilly ,curryleaves, then add the onions ,saute it for 3min.
- Then add the shredded chicken and 1 tbsp of chicken gravy .
- Stir them and cook it for 5min in medium flame.
- When the chicken is mixed well add the pepper powder and give it a stir.Switch off the heat
- Garnish with the coriander leaves .
- Serve hot with roti or rasam rice.
- Stuff inside toasted breads and serve with ketchup.