This is another gravy made with fenugreek seeds.The fenugreek seeds are quite dominant,but not overpowering.You can increase or decrease the tamarid to suit your taste buds.I dont like my gravy tangy so i have reduced.I suggest to use gingelly oil ,which enriches the taste of the gravy.This taste yummy with just hot rice and pappad.
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds
- Green chilly-1 ,split
- Small Onions- 5 ,chopped finely
- Tomato -1 ,small,chopped
- Tamarid-small lemon size,(you can decrease the tamarid ,it still tastes good)
- Hing-1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
- Red chilly Powder-1 tsp
- Coriander Powder-1 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 string
- Fenugreek seeds-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1/4 tsp of oil in a kadai,add the fenugreek seeds and saute till golden and keep it aside.When it cools down dry grind and keep it aside.
- Heat the remaining in the same kadai,add the mustard seeds ,when it splutters add the green chilly,hing,curryleaves and small onions.
- Saute it for 2min.
- Now add the chopped tomato and when it gets mushy add the tamarid juice.
- Add turmericpowder,corianderpowder ,salt and red chilly powder.
- Let it boil for 15min till the raw smell goes in a medium flame.
- Let it simmer for another 10min.
- Now add the powdered fenugreek seeds ,let it cook for 1min.
- Remove from heat and serve with hot rice ,kootu and pappad.