- Channa - 1 cup soaked overnight
- Potato-2 big,
- Tomato-2 ,small ,pureed
- Ginger & Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder-1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil-3 tbsp
Whole Garam Masala
- Cardamom -2
- Saunf- 1/4 tsp
Heat oil ,add the onions and saute for 5min.Take it in a bowl and let it cool .
- chopped onion-1/2
- sauted onion - 1 /4
- Pressure cook channa and potato without salt for 4 whistles,they shld be firm when cooked.
- Heat oil,add the whole garam masala,when it splutters
- Add the chopped onions,saute it for 5min,then add the ginger garlic paste and saute for 1min.
- Now add the grounded onion paste and stir well.Take care that it should not stick to the bottom.
- Cook for 5min.Add the tomato puree and stir ,cook for 5min.
- Add all the pwds ,salt and cook for 2 min.
- Add 2 cups of water and let it boil.
- When it boils,add the mashed potato and stir.
- Now add the cooked channa dhall.
- Cook for another 10min in medium flame till all the raw smell goes.
- Completely simmer for another 5min.
- Garnish with corriander leaves
- When serving add a dash of lemon and chopped red onions.
- Best served with Puri,Chappati.
Click here, you can find out the rules and who is hosting the future editions of this event.
Sending this to Priya' Cooking with dals event.
Linking with Cook Like a Celebrity Chef event by Food Corner