We all like paneer .I always used store - bought.I wanted to try at home using double cream .The Paneer was soft and not dense.You get a nice smell because we use curd.They are soft like pillows.You all would have tried making paneer using lime,try' with curd it is absolute winner,no need to wash,just curdle ,drain and freeze them. I used the left over whey water to make chappathi,it was so soft.I used that day itself.We all liked it ,do try it ,you will definitely like it.
- Milk - 700g
- Double Cream -150g
- Curd - 150g or more
- Boil milk in a vessel , when it boils add the double cream and stir well
- keep the flame in the medium,when it boiled
- Add the curd and mix it well
- When the milk curdles,switch off the heat.Leave it for 5 min.
- Drain it in a cloth ,and allow the water to drain for 30min
- When the water is drained completely,place a heavy weight for an hour .
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Cut them into small pieces and store them in refrigerator ,use it within 2 days .
- The measurement above is just a guide,you may need curd more or less than the mentioned.
- Add enough curd that the milk completely curdles.