This a 'Mess free one pot meal ' .Peas pulav is easy ,simple and quick fix.It's best accompaniment are Paneer Butter Masala or Chicken Gravy.It taste great with a rich gravy .Kids will like it as simple .Adding milk enhances the taste more.It is not a spicy dish.
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup,wash and soak for 10min.
- Peas - 1/2 cup , fresh or frozen
- Onion - 1 ,sliced thinely
- Chilli - 2 ,slit
- Ginger & garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt as needed
- Oil - 1 tbsp
Whole Garam Masala
- Cinnamon stick - 1 small
- Cardamom - 2
- Bay leaf -1
- Star Anise -1 small piece
- Soak the basmati rice for 10min
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.Add the whole garam masala , once it splutters add the onion
- Saute it for 2 min,then add the green chillies ,saute it for 2 second.
- Then add the ginger & garlic paste give it a stir.
- Add the peas followed by rice and salt ,give it a quick stir.
- Now add the water and milk .Pressure cook it for 1 whistle
- Yummy peas pulav is ready.
Linking this to Gayathris Walk Through Memory Lane event hosted by Hema of Hema Adugemane