I wanted to make some chutney in the morning , when i raided my fridge i had coconut it was quite dry, i have to make chutney by roasting the coconut because that only could bring the flavor and intense of the coconut.When we used to go for a trip when we were kids we make lemon rice,this chutney tastes yum with it .It tastes great with idli or dosa too.
- Coconut Shredded - 6 tbsp
- Red chillies - 5 nos
- Channa Dhall - 1 tbsp
- Garlic - 1 ,pod
- Tamarid - 1 small piece
- Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan , roast red chillies ,channa dhall , garlic , separately in the same order .
- Now dry roast the coconut for 1min.Add salt ,tamarid and hing and give it a stir for 2 second switch off the flame.
- When it cools , first add the red chillies,channa dhall and garlic and grind it well.
- Then add the tamarind ,hing ,salt and dry grind it.
- Add water little by water and grind to a smooth paste not very smooth.
- Scoop it into a bowl and in a pan heat little oil , add mustard when it splutters add curry leaves ,top it to the chutney.
- If you want the chutney to stay for longer , add the chutney to pan and let it cook for 3min.