Brijal is my favourite,i wanted to make something that matches for rice.I had lots of brinjal,i didnt want to do the usual sambar or make pachadi.So I thought i shall make kurma,it turned out quite yummy.I had with plain rice and some pappad.
I always add almond as it gives a little richness and gives good flavor.I didnt add tomato,adding green chilly brings a little aroma to the food.You can skip ,if you dont have.
Serves : 3
- Onion-1,finely chopped
- Ginger&Garlic paste-1/2tsp
- Chilli Powder-2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/2tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1tsp
- Garam Masala-1/4tsp
- Salt as needed
- Coconut grated-2 tbsp
- Saunf-1/4 tsp
- Poppy seeds-1/4 tsp
Whole Garam Masala
- Cinnamon Stick-1
- Cardamom - 2
- In a bowl add water and mix 1 tsp of salt.Cut the brinjal into small pieces and soak it in that water.
- Take 1/4 onions chopped ,pulse it in the mixer.
- Heat oil in a kadai,add the whole garam masala.When it splutters add the green chilly,onion and brinjal.
- Saute it together for 5min.
- Add the ginger&garlic paste and cook for 1 sec.Now add the ground onions and give it a stir.
- Now add the chilli,coriander,turmeric,salt and garam masala.Mix it will that all the vegetables get a nice coating.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and close the lid and cook till the brinjal cooks well.
- Now add the ground paste and allow it to boil.
- When it boils,simmer and cook it for 5min.
- Serve this hot with rice or roti.
Linking this to Priya's Valentine event
Gayathri's Walk through Memory Lane event hosted by Shwetha of Merry Tummy
Linking this to En-iniyaillam event