This is a simple Keerai kadiyal ,it is very healthy and nutritious.It can be prepared quickly within 20min .We must be familiar with Siru keerai kadiyal , it is usually given for kids as it is very healthy , flavorful and yummy.I dont get sirukeerai here , i want to bring that effect , so i used spinach and made this .Serve with hot rice and ghee.It is very yummy.
I always use small onions , i have never tried with big onions.The prop addition is not me, it is my little one who wanted to keep his train , pose with his hands for the spoon.
- Palak leaves - 2 bunch
- Small onions - 4
- Green chilly - 1
- Garlic - 1 small pod
- Whole Jeera - 1/2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly - 1,broken
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Small onion -sliced
- Hing - 3 pinch .
- Clean the spinach leaves well.
- In a kadai , add the add the small onions,jeera ,garlic pod,green chilly and the washed palak leaves and 1/4 cup of water.
- Let it cook for 10min.The leaves should be cooked .Add salt and let it cool.
- Pulse it in a mixer ,dont make it a smooth paste.just pulse it that it grinds well.
- In a kadai , heat oil , let the mustard splutter, add the small onions ,hing and red chilly ,and saute it till the small onions turn golden brown.
- Top it to the keerai.
- Serve with hot rice and with a dallop of ghee for kids.