I had some soaked channa , i didnt want to go for poori and channa masala.I wanted to have rasam with simple side dish ,made this one ,liked it very much.The onions should be finely cut it should maintain the crunch.I didnt add any extra ingredients ,i wanted to make it simple .Hope you give a try.
- Channa - 13/4cup ,soaked and cooked
- Onion - 1 big ,chopped finely
- Curry leaves - 5nos
- Garlic - 1 pod ,crushed
- Red chilly Powder -1tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 2 pinch
- Salt as needed
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Soak the channa overnight.Pressure cook for 2 whistles , the channa should be firm .dont cook mushy.
- Drain the water and crushed garlic,turmeric powder , chilli and coriander powder ,salt and mix it well.
- In a pan heat oil , add mustard seeds when it splutters add the curry leaves and onion .Stir for 1 min,the onions should not be cooked , it maintain the crunch .
- Now add the marinated channa dhall and give it a stir.
- Cook it for 5min ,till the raw smell of the powder leaves.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.Serve with rasam rice it is yum.
- Marinate immediately after draining.No need to add water as the water in the drained channa is sufficient.
- The crunch in the onion tastes yum.