April 24, 2013

Khandvi-Gujarati Snack





I prepared Khandvi for yet another challenge of SNC challenge # 7,South vs North challenge, an event started by Divya Pramil of You Too Can Cook. The motto of this event is to exchange an Indian recipe between two teams. This month , for the Southern team Hetal Acharya of Gujarati Zaika challenged us with this fabulous Khandvis,while Shama challenged the Northern team with  favourite karupatti Aapam.Thanks Hetal for challenging the southern team with this delicious khandvis, i loved it very much.

I dont make curd at home ,i was wondering will the khandvis turn out properly.I asked Hetal my doubts ,she replied for my mail promptly .Thanks Hetal. I mailed to  Manju of DesiFiesta,,she was very happy to mail me and gave me lot of tips.Thanks Manju.I was sure to take up the challenge.I did it,it turned out awesome.When i started rolling the khandvis,i was able to do it,wow,i was so happy,they were cute little yellow roses.If it was not for the SNC challenge i wouldn't have definitely tried them at home.Thanks guys,so happy to be part of the team.

Ingredients
  1. Besan-1 cup
  2. Curd-1 1/2
  3. Water -2 cup
  4. Chilli&ginger-1 tsp
  5. Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
  6.  Salt as needed
  7. Sugar -1 tsp
  8. Coriander leaves-1 string ,to garnish

Season
  1. Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
  2. Greenchilly- 1 ,chopped
  3. Hing-1/4 tsp
  4. Oil- 2 tsp

Method
  1. In a bowl mix together besan,curd,water,chilli&ginger paste,turmeric powder,salt and sugar.Mix them without forming lumps.
  2. Transfer the mixture to the nonstick pan and cook in medium flame.
  3. Cook it for 10min ,spread the a spoon of mixture on back of a plate ,check after 1 min whether you are able to roll.If you are able to roll the mixture is in proper consistency.else cook it for another 2-3 min.
  4. When it is cooked ,spread immediately on a stainless plate or porcelain plate ,make them into thin sheets.
  5. Let it dry for 5min.Cut it into strips and roll them.
  6. Place them in the serving dish.
  7. Heat oil in kadai ,add the mustard seeds when it splutters add the greenchillies and hing.
  8. Pour it on the top of the rolled strips.Garnish with some coriander leaves.

Tips
  1. Dont leave the batter unattended ,else it is going to form lumps.
  2. Keep the plates ready and spread it thin and evenly.
  3. You can try making stuffed Khandvis too.
  4. You can use porcelain plates,aluminum foil to spread the batter.
Linking this to

 










Sending this to Susans event  My Legume Love Affair - 58 passed on to Lisa Kitchens hosted by  Chez Cayenne.
 


51 comments:

  1. Wow perfectly done:) looks tempting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meena...Hw r u??thank so,so,so much 4ur lovely comments on every posts..I was blinked my eyes twice aftr checking d comments vth a same name..Its u..U made my day...Thanx 4d wishes btw...N thank u again 4 lettign me knw abt posts update..Iam in d same doubt n vl check out abt it..Hugs dear:-)
    MAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. The khandvi looks like a work of art....beautiful. I can have that whole plate all by myself. Yummmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible,those khandvis are seriously super prefect Meena,well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very yummy and looks so delicious. Very very beautiful clicks Meena.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look perfect Meena; my first attempt did not work out too well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look perfect Meena.. nice color and brill shine..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a Gujarati friend who makes superb khandvi! Your's looks absolutely smashing and reminded me of her too! :)
    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Meena they loook beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made to perfection and worth contacting the others who supported you. Turned out awesomely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfectly made khandvis.. Neatly presented..

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the yellow roses meena ji :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. they look so perfect... cute looking roses!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello my name sake

    my god u all made khandvis perfect
    i cant make it myself but would love to try these

    Join my event & giveaway
    Event& give away

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful clicks...looks so nice...love it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Meena u've made it very well.. :) Kudos to your effort dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Very tempting picture Meena.. Looks tasty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfectly made dish.. Pics are awesome..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  19. never tried it but after looking urs, want to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely mouthwatering Meena. Excellent khandvi dear. Would love to have few now...:)

    today's post:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/04/microwave-spicy-okra-bhindi-masala.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow khandvi's have come out super delicious and perfect Meena :) cheers you made it!!! now pass me the plate they are tempting me !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks manju for your mails,it was very helpful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super khandvi .tempting recipe

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is one lovely khandvi. Thanks for stopping by at my space. Glad to follow you too :-).

    ReplyDelete
  25. Khandvi looks so perfectly rolled dear

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks so perfect & delicious...great clicks too !

    ReplyDelete
  27. lovely clicks.. looks delicious and perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  28. this recipe is new to me..looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow such a pretty rolls. Well presented and beautiful clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  30. looks yummy and has come out perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  31. very nice clicks and looks great

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow..nice clicks...very new to me...

    ReplyDelete
  33. These look delicious! I could go for one or two right now. Thanks for sending it to MLLA.

    ReplyDelete
  34. looks perfect meena...one of my favourite snacks but something I haven't had the guts to try at home

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow such a great click..khandvi looks perfect dear

    ReplyDelete