I always find an excuse to make soup,i made some carrot soup with oats.I have read many recipes adding corn starch as thickness ,i didn't want to add any flour so i tried adding oats it,was a perfect thickener.We enjoyed the soup with some toasted bread.
My mom used to grind small onions and make soup,i liked the idea and have used it in this.I enjoyed the aroma.Hope you too will find this soup interesting.
- Carrot-3 ,diced
- Onion-1 ,diced
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder -1/4 tsp
- Oats - 2 tbsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Small onion- 3
- WholePepper- 1/4 tsp
- Whole Jeera-1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add the onions and saute them for 1min.
- Add the carrot and tomato and saute them.
- Add the ground paste and saute them again.
- Add chilli powder,turmeric powder ,salt and oats and stir again.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- When it cools down,use the blender and pulse them into a smooth paste.
- Strain them and again let it boil,you can add cream if you wish.
- Serve them hot with toasted bread.