I wanted to make some different for some egg lovers in my house,so instead of doing the Mutta Kulambu,wanted to do something different.So made some Egg paniyarams and dunked in a tamarid gravy.I let it boil for 2 min,it soaked all the juice and boy it was quite tasty.Will definitely make it again.
Serve with hot rice,pappad.I just used 2 eggs to get 12 paniyarams to serve people of four,so u get it.I added only 8 paniyarams in the gravy i didnt want it to be crowded,and it was quite filling.So make sure how much you want to add in the gravy.
- Egg Paniyaram-5-6nos
- Tomato-1 ,small,chopped finely
- Tamarid -small indian lemon size,soak and extract and strain the juice.
- Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
- ChilliPowder-1 tsp
- Coriander Powder-1/2 tsp
- Onion-1 small chopped
- Salt as needed
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Small onions - 5
- Garlic - 2 pod
- Green chilly -1
- Whole Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Whole Jeera - 1/4 tsp
To Grind - II
- Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 3 pinch
- Curryleaves- 5 nos
- Red chilly-1,split into 2
- Heat oil in a kadai,add the mustard seeds let it splutter.
- Now add the fenugreek,red chilly and curry leaves.Let the fenugreek turn golden
- Add the chopped onions and cook till it turns golden.
- Now add the Grind-I and give it a stir.Let it cook for 1min.
- Now add the chopped tomates,red chilly,coriander ,turmeric and salt and saute it well.
- When the tomato gets mushy.Add the tamarid juice and 1 1/2 cups of water and let it boil for 10min.
- Now add the coconut paste and give it a stir.
- Simmer and let it boil for another 8min,by this time the raw smell should have gone.
- Now add the already made egg paniyarams and add some gravy on the top of it.Let it simmer and cook for 6min,by this time the paniyarams should have absorbed some juice and must be bit fat.
- Season with coriander leaves.Serve with some hot rice and pappad.
- Adjust the tomato and tamarid according to the sourness.
- The paniyarams should be well cooked before adding to the gravy.
- I didnt add any garam masala ,as i wanted to be simple.You can try adding them.
- I added only 8 paniyarams in the gravy ,dont crowd them in the pan.