Paniyaram's are soft and round steamed mini mini buns,that are made in a jiffy.traditionally used to make spicy and sweet variations from dosa batter.I have tried it with egg.I think many other variations must be possible,now want to experiment some more variations.Hope i succeed will update my successful experiments.
My family likes eggs a lot,i wanted to try a different way.I remember eating egg paniyaram in my friends house.I tried to recreate it,i didnt add any flour for it to puff up,as i wanted to make some gravy with this.It was quite different ,i liked it with simple ketchup.It can be made as a snack for the kids.I wanted a crunch to it so ,sauted some onions and added to it.You can add garam masala if you want i skipped it.
I shall post soon the gravy i made with this egg paniyaram ,it was delish.
Yields : 12 paniyaram
- Turmeric Powder-1 pinch
- ChilliPowder-1/4 tsp
- Onion- 1,small diced
- Green chilly- 1 small.chopped
- Salt as needed
- Oil as needed
- In a kadai,heat oil ,add the chopped onions and fry it till translucent.
- To this add the green chillies,redchilly,turmeric powder and salt and saute it well
- Let it cool down completely.
- In a bowl break two eggs and beat them well with a fork.
- Add the cooked onions mixture to it and stir that it mixes well.
- Heat a kuliPanayaram mould(chatti ),apply little oil in each slot.
- Fill each slot,with 3/4 of the egg mixture.Close it with lid.Cook in medium flame.
- After 1min,flip it to the other side,add few drops of oil.Close it again with a lid.
- Check with a skewer whether it is cooked in the middle ,else let it cook for some more second.
- With the skewer take the cooked paniyaram,in a bowl.
- Serve them hot with chutney or ketchup of your choice.
- You can add garam masala,I havent added it.
- Take care while flipping and cooking the paniyaram ,take care that it doesnt get burnt.
- I added more oil ,for each slot,it was bit oily,you can reduce the oil.
- There are so many variations you can try with this,can make it as egg manchurian also...