- Toor dhall- 1/4 cup,cooked and mashed.
- Tomato- 1 ,medium ,mashed
- Green chilly-1 ,slit
- Hing -1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice-1 tsp
- Green chillies- 2,slit
- Whole Pepper-1/4 tsp
- Whole Jeera-1/2 tsp
- Coriander seeds-1/4 tsp
- Garlic-2 pods with skin on.
- Curryleaves- 1 string,washed
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Red chillies- 1,split
- Coriander leaves-2 string,chopped
- Oil-1 tsp
- In a bowl add the cooked and mashed dhal,tomato ,hing,,turmeric powder,green chilly and add a 11/2 cup of water and let it boil.
- When it boils add the ground paste and mix it well.
- Keep it in a medium flame,when it is about to bowl ,add the coriander leaves and switch off and close it with a lid.
- In a another kadai ,heat oil ,add the mustard seeds when it splutters,add the red chilly ,after 1 sec,top it on the top of the rasam.
- When the rasam cools down add a 1 tsp of lemon juice and give it a stir.You can more/less to suit your palate.
- After adding the ground powder ,dont let the rasam boil ,it spoils the taste.
- I dont peel the skin of garlic for rasam,it adds more flavor.
- After switching off close with the lid immediatley.
- Add lemon juice according to the sourness of the tomato.
- If the dhall is too watery adjust the water accordingly.
Sending this to Susans event My Legume Love Affair # 59 passed on to Lisa Kitchens hosted by Kalyani - Sizzling Tastebuds