On my lazy days,i love to have some podi rice.I usually have toor dhall or store bought ones.My mom recently sent me urad dhall podi ,it was so tasty and very healthy too.I wanted to share with you guys.
Dry roast all the ingredients separately and grind them smooth ,not too smooth.Enjoy with some hot rice,dollop of ghee ,pappad or any dhal gravy.It taste so heavenly.
- Urad dhall- 250g
- Raw rice-25g
- Whole Jeera-1 tsp
- Red Chilli-1 handful
- Whole Pepper-1/2 tsp
- Garlic-6 pod
- Curry leaves-2 string
- Salt as needed
- Hing -1/4 tsp
- First roast the urad dhall till golden.
- Roast all the other ingredients separately and let them cool.
- Grind the red chillies ,garlic first.
- Then add all other ingredients except curry leaves and grind them.
- Last add the curry leaves and pulse them.Take care not to make the powder too smooth,little coarse texture makes the podi very tasty.
- Store the powder in an airtight container.
- Never use wet spoon as the podi may get spoiled.
- Take care while roasting .
- Always add ghee/oil to the rice and then mix the powder so it mixes well and it taste good .
- Grind the curryleaves in the last ,it gives more aroma.