I love shopping through Myntra.You have lots of option's for all ages , it iis a one spot to shop everything for home and it saves you a lot of your travel time , everything can be done in a single click .
I have read guys telling they get relaxed when they bake and the aroma of baking filling their room makes them happy for me doing Briyani makes me more happy .I prepare it quite often as it is not heavy as restaurant bought ones.It is quite laborious but i enjoy eating every morsel if it.This is one of the dish i used to eat outside and kept on trying it for years finally succeeded.It tastes delicious even after next day.Serve hot with onion raita.
I have used whole masala ,i add little garam masala.I haven't ground anything nor marinated .We are not using ghee so it will not be heavy ,if you want it rich you can add half ghee and half oil.I have added less tomato and more curd.Do try this and you will definitely enjoy it.
Serve : 7
Cooking time : 1 hour
- Chicken - 450g
- Basmati rice -600g
- Onion - 3, chopped finely
- Tomato - 1 big, chopped finely
- Green chillies - 9 nos, slit
- Coriander Leaves - 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves - 1/4 cup
- Ginger(3 pod) & Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Curd - 300g
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 150ml
- Red chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Orange Color - 2 pinch
- Salt as needed
- Clove - 4
- Cardamom - 4
- Cinnamom stick - 1
- Bayleaf - 1
- Star Anise - 1
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 10min.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel , add oil , when it is hot , add the whole garam masala when it splutters add the onions
- Cook the onions in medium flame for 10 min.The onions should be translucent bit golden ,dont make it too golden.
- Add the slit green chillies give it a stir.
- Now add the ginger & garlic paste ,give a stir for 1 sec,(dont cook it too much)
- Add the tomato and the powders and give it a stir.
- Add the coriader and mint leaves .Cook it till the tomato turns mushy no too pulpy.
- Add the washed chicken ,salt ,lemon juice and yogurt.Close and cook it for 6min , in a medium flame.
- Give it a stir quite often , the oil should float in the top.There should not be any water in the gravy.
- After step 8 ,in another stove boil water about 12 cups in a big vessel.
- Add salt that the water is little salty.Add 1 cardamom , 1 star aise , 1 cinnamon stick to the water.
- Once it comes to rolling boil add the soaked rice and cook it for 6 min.After 6min , add 1/2 tsp of lemon and 1 tbsp of oil and give a stir.
- Seive it and keep it ready.By this time the gravy should also be ready .
- Time them , that the gravy and rice should be ready simultaneously.
- Heat the tava , keep the gravy vessel on the top of tava.
- Add half of the rice to the gravy.
- Add little coriander leaves and add the renaming rice ad top it with coriander leaves
- Mix orange color in the 1 tsp of water(use the drained water from the cooked rice) ,and pour it on the top of the rice by making circles.
- Cover it with a foil ,and close with a lid ,and keep a heavy vessel on top of it(mortar or another pressure cooker)
- Simmer it to medium flame.and cook for 15 min.
- Simmer it completely and cook for another 10min.Switch off the flame and don't open for another 10min.
- After 10min , you can give it a stir ,by this time the chicken will be cooked and will be very soft.
- Stir it carefully else it will turn mushy,turn the rice bottom to top slowly.
- Serve hot with raita or chicken gravy.
Whole Garam Masala
Priyas - Valentine days recipe contest & , Cuisine Delights and Recipe Junction - Valentine Treat