This simple yet delicious ,healthy and nutritious recipe.It does not have any oil except for coconut oil which is added for flavor. I do this whenever i get plantain ,i feel the plantain adds more flavor and taste to this dish.This is prepared in most homes when there is any special function or festival .This is one of the dish that will be prepared during Pongal.
Serves : 5
- Carrot - 3 ,
- Beans - 10 nos
- Brinjal - 5 nos
- Drumstick - 3 stick
- Cluster Beans(Kothavaranga) - 10nos
- Peas - 1 cup
- Plantain - 2 nos
- Potatoes - 2nos
- Curd - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Salt to taste
Ground Paste - I
- Green chilly - 3
- Small onions - 3
- Garlic - 1 pod
Ground Paste - II
- Coconut grated - 3 tbsp
- Cumin - 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- curry leaves - 4nos
- Coriander leaves - 1 string , chopped
- Cut the brinjal and soak in water with little salt added.
- Cut the Plantain and potato into medium length wise and cook it more water till 3/4th done.Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Cut the carrot ,beans ,drumstick ,cluster beans all length wise.
- Cook the carrot ,beans ,drumstick ,peas , cluster beans in a wide bottomed vessel with more water .
- When it is 3/4 cooked ,add the cut brinjal and salt.
- Add salt and ground paste - I , to the above cooked vegetables and give it a stir
- Then add the cooked potato's and plantain and give it a stir
- Let it cook till all the vegetables become soft.
- Now add the ground paste -II to the above vegetables and cook it till the raw smell goes.
- When all the vegetables get mixed together ,switch off from heat.
- Add curd and give it a stir.
- Add coconut oil ,curry leaves and coriander leaves
- Stir only before serving.
- Let the vegetables be of uniform size.
- Dont keep on stirring the vegetables,it will broke down and become mushy.
- Coconut oil gives a good flavor.
- You can add Taro (Sepakilangu) and Yam Elephant ( Senai Kilangu) ,these two Yam varieties.
- You can add broad beans too.
- Dont add sour curd.Adding curd is optional.
Sending this to Gayathris CookSpot WTML event.