Rava dosai is mostly prepared when the batter is less and you want to make dinner .Soaking rava is one method,usually done.Try roasting the rava and adding it .The dosai taste great and you dont feel the rava is added.You need more oil for a crispy and tasty one.If you are health conscious you can add little oil in the corners for taking the dosai easily.It is bit time consuming but tastes great as Restaurant dosa.
- Idly Batter - 1 cup
- Rava - 1/2
- Whole Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Whole Jeera - 1/4 tsp
- Channa dhall - 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 , chopped
- Small onions - 5 nos,chopped
- Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - 5 nos
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Ghee - 1/2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil for dosai making
- Heat oil and ghee in a kadai , add mustard seeds ,let it splutter.
- Add the jeera ,pepper,green chillies,channa dhall , curry leaves and small onions .
- Let it saute it for 3 seconds.
- Add the rava ,hing and salt ,stir well till it mixes well.
- Stir for another 2min ,till you get a good aroma.
- Switch it off let it cool down.
- Add this to the dosa batter and mix it well.
- Add enough water ,it should be runny.
- Heat a tava , add the dosa batter spoon by spoon , spread all around the tava , fill in the places .
- Add oil around the dosai.As the dosai is lace type ,dont need to flip it ,incase ,the top side is not cooked do flip it .
- Serve this dosai immediately.
- It taste great with any type of chuntey and sambar.
- The dosa batter should be runny.
- Pour the dosa batter around the corners and then fill the centre.
- You cannot make thick dosai.
- More oil is needed
- It will take 2 minutes for one dosai to be cooked.
Simply food - Healthy Event
Nivedhanam -: Mission Breakfast By CookCookand Cook And ThoushaltCook