I wanted to do a simple lunch ,my choice was Egg Fried Rice.Simple yet fulfilling meal.Veggies can be added for the picky eaters .I came across Sharmis Passions,i liked her recipe and tried it.It as too good.Do try this you will also like it .I have added some ingredient to suit my palate.
- Cooked Basmati rice - 1 cup
- Carrot - 2 , chopped finely
- Capsicum - 1/2 , chopped finely.
- Cabbage - 1/4 cup , chopped finely
- Ginger - 1,small piece , chopped finely
- Spring onion - 1 , chopped finely(Keep the white and green part separate)
- Pepper powder - 3/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Egg - 1 egg.
- Gingelly oil - 2 tsp
- In a another pan ,add little oil ,break the egg ,add little salt and 2-3 pinch of pepper powder.
- Stir it well and make a nice scrambled egg.If you keep on stirring the egg will be in small pieces,once cooked,keep it separately.
- Heat oil in another pan, add the ginger ,after 1second.Then add the white part of the spring onion.Give it a stir.
- Then add the capsicum , carrot and cook for another 2-3 seconds
- Now add the cabbage and give a stir.Add sugar and give a stir.
- Now add the rice and salt and give a nice stir that it mixes well.Leave it for 2 minutes.
- Now mix the scrambled egg , pepper powder and the green leaves of the spring onion ,to the fried rice .Leave it in flame for 1 min.Serve with ketchup.
- It taste great if served immediately.
- Gingelly oil , gives a nice flavour.You can use vegetable oil also.
- Sugar ensures the crunchiness of the vegetable.
- Dont overcook the eggs as it will turn rubbery ,when you feel the there is no moisture u can take it off.
- Left over rice is very good ,then the immediately cooked one.
- You can add 1 more egg if you want.
- Vegetables should be chopped finely.
Linking this to Kitchen Chronicles Tried & Tasted event hosted by PriyaEasynTastyRecipes.