We all love Chinese food.We try to recreate to suit our taste buds.This is my version of Cauliflower Manchurian i like to have with fried rice or with roti (wierd )this is my family's favorite and hit among my friends.
.I have used rice vinegar , i haven't used vinegar before , i started using rice vinegar and started liking the taste ,so the tradition continues.Do try it , i am sure you would like to do .
- Cauliflower - 1 (Medium Size)
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1/2tsp
- Maida - 2 tbsp
- Cornflour -3/4 tbsp
- Gram flour-1/2tsp
- Rice flour - 1/2 tsp
- salt as needed
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil needed for frying
- Capsicum -1 , sliced finely
- Ginger & Garlic paste - 1/4 tsp
- Rice Vinegar - 1/4tsp
- Dark Soya Sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Tomato Sauce - 2tbsp
- Salt as needed
- Chopped White part from spring onion - 2 spring onion
- Chopped Green part from spring onion - 2 spring onion
- Brown sugar - 1/2 tsp
- cornflour - 1 tbsp
- Water - 1.5 cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
Boil water in a pan ,add salt ,turmeric and cauliflower , allow it to boil for another 1 min.Close the with a lid ,remove from heat .After 3min, drain the cauliflower and immediately marinate it.Allow it to rest for 15min.
Fry Cauliflower :
Deep fry the cauliflower in hot oil .
Sauce Preparation :
- Heat oil in a kadai ,ginger & garlic paste and saute for 3 seconds then ,add the white part of spring onion and capsicum.
- Saute for a 2-3 min .
- Add rice vinegar,soya sauce ,tomato sauce,salt very little,brownsugar and let it mix for 1 min.
- Now mix cornflour in water and add to this .
- When it boils , u do check for salt and chilli ,if needed u can add little.
- The sauce when you taste should not be spicy or tangy(tomato taste).
- Add the fried cauliflower and cook it for another 2min.
- Add the green part of spring onion ,leave it for 2 seconds.and switch it off
- Remove from heat and Serve immediately.
- Mix the fried cauliflower to the sauce if you are serving later ,as it becomes soggy.
- Cauliflower should be quite crispy.
- Please do adjust spicy to your taste.
- Rice vinegar is added for flavour only .so little is more than sufficient.
- When preparing for big batch , dont multiply any sauce or sugar , it makes the dish very sour.you have to little more ,adjust and add it.