Usually egg gravy is prepared with onion and tomato.This is slightly different gravy we are adding tamrind ,it was new to me when i tried initially.I liked the taste and started preparing it quite often.We are adding raweggs in the gravy.The best accompaniment are hot rice and pappad. Can be had with dosa as well.
You can add coconut while roasting for the ground paste.I have not added it.Try this different gravy , you will certainly like it .
- Small onions - 10nos
- Garlic - 2 pod
- Ginger - small piece
- Tomato - 1 , chopped
- Whole Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Whole Jeera - 1/4 tsp
- Saunf/Sombu - 1/4 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 1tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Tamarind - 1 small gooseberry size,soak it in hot water
- Salt as needed
- Egg - 4 nos
- Mustard seeds - 1/ 4 tsp
- Onion - 1 ,chopped
- Curryleaves - 10nos
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Heat a pan ,add 1 tbsp of oil , add the small onion ,garlic and ginger and saute it , till golden .
- Add the pepper ,sombu and jeera ,saute it for 2min.
- Then add the tomatoes and all the powder and let it cook for 2min.
- When it cools down, grind adding little water.It should be ground to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan , add the remaining oil .Add the mustard seeds ,let it splutter.
- Then add the onion and curry leaves,fry the onions till golden.
- Add the ground paste and salt , let it cook for 1min.
- Then add the tamarind extract from the soaked tamarind and 2 cups of water.
- Let it boil and cook till the raw smell goes.
- Give a tap in the top of the egg , Pour the egg into the boiling gravy.(The hole in the egg should be medium , you should be able to pour it.)Hope i am clear!.
- Close with a lid , cook it in a medium flame for 8min.
- When u insert a knife in the egg yolk,it should come out clean.
- Remove from flame serve with rice ,beans fry and pappad.