I saw lot of recipes , as usual tweaked to suit my taste buds.I have added bite size small coconut pieces , it adds more flavour.I have used small onions for grounding it adds more flavor to the dish .Try using it , it is very healthy too.
Marinate the prawn with turmeric ,little lime juice and salt for 15min ,wash it again.It removes the odor from them.I like to have quite a thick gravy so reduced the water consistency in my gravy by cooking in simmer for 10min more, do adjust to your likings.
It tastes great with any rice or roti.I like mine with hot plain rice.You try it ,you will never regret it.
- Prawn -250g
- Onion - 2 ,sliced finely
- Tomato - 1 ,pureed
- Green chilly - 1 , sit
- Curryleaves - 5 nos
- Coconut - 2 slices , small bit size
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Whole Garam Masala
- Bayleaf -1
- Cinnamon stick - 1 ,small
- Small onions -10nos
- Coconut - 1 tbsp
- Whole Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Whole Jeera - 1/4 tsp
- Saunf - 1/4 tsp
Ground it into coarse paste without adding any water (2-3 times pulsing is more than enough).
- Ground paste - 1/2
- Red chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- GingerGarlic paste - 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Heat oil in a pan , add the whole garam masala.when it splutters add the green chilly ,curry leaves,coconut pieces and onion.
- Saute it till the onion changes color.
- Now add the other half of the ground masala.Saute it for 2min.
- Now add the marinated prawn and mix it well and leave it for another 2min.
- Now add the tomato puree ,give it a stir.
- \Add 1/2 cup of water and allow it to boil.
- Close with a lid and cook for 5min and open and check (i used cooked and very small prawns ,it cooked in 5 min).cook it till the prawns are cooked.
- Open the lid and cook for another 5min.
- If you want less gravy keep it in complete simmer till u reach the desired consistency.