I always have a good stock to this idli podi.It is very much important for us,usually my mom prepares a good batch and sends for me.Homemade always have a intense aroma and taste.I usually store the remaining in freezer,as the aroma remains for quite a long time.Tastes great with ghee or gingelly oil for hot hot dosa.
- Urad dhall - 1 cup
- Toor dhall - 1/4 cup
- Channa dhall - 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves - 4 string
- Garlic - 4 pod
- Red chillies -13
- Hing - 1 tsp
- Coarse salt as needed
- Oil - 1tsp
- Dry roast all the dhall each separately till golden
- Dry roast the garlic pods to it add salt and hing and switch off immediately.
- In a separate kadai add oil and dry roast chillies
- Grind red chillies , salt , half of urad dhall ,curry leaves into smooth
- Add the remaining dhall and grind into coarse powder . mix it well and pulse it once.
- Store in air tight box.
Sending this to Priyas event CWS - Dals event
Sending this to Nabitha's Home Made Spice event