I have tasted bread and peas masala in Saravana Bhavan.I love them.I wanted to make it at home,i have used ChannaMasala,i think you can use any beans and give a try.
I had used butter to saute ,it gives a unique taste to the dish.Cook the channa to soft by adding a small stick of cinnamon and 1 cardamom.
- Cooked Channa- 2 cup
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Tomato-2 ,medium ,pureed
- Turmeric pwd- 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder- 1 1/2 tsp
- Coriander pwd- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli pwd- 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Poppy Seeds-1/4 tsp
- Cashew nuts- 8 nos
- Sesame seeds- 1 tsp
- Saunf-1/4 tsp
- Onion- 2 medium,chopped
- Ginger- 1/2 tsp
- Garlic- 2 pod
Whole Garam Masala
- Cinnamon- 1 small stick
- Bay Leaf- 2
- Clove - 2
- Heat oil and butter in a pressure cooker.
- Add the whole garam masala when it splutters add the ground paste.
- Cook in medium flame for 10min, till it leaves oil.
- Now add the pureed tomato and all the powders ,salt and saute it for 6min.
- Now add the cooked channa and saute it for another 3min.
- Now add the 2 cups of water ,mix it well.
- Pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
- When cools down ,garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve on a toasted bread with a lemon wedge.