This is a simple egg briyani , not too spicy at all.
Serves - 5
- Boiled Egg - 4,deshelled
- Onion -2 , sliced
- Tomato - 1,chopped
- Green chillies - 7 slit
- Ginger & garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves - 7 leaves
- Coriander leaves - 3 string chopped
- Curd - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Water - 2.5 cups
- Oil -1/4 cup
- Salt as needed
- Cardamom - 4
- Cinnamon stick - 1 small piece
- Clove - 3
- Star Anise - 1 small
- Coconut - 3 tbsp
- Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Saunf - 1/4 tsp
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 15min.
- Make 4 slits on all the sides of the egg.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.Add all the spices.
- When it splutters add the onion and fry it till translucent.
- Then add the green chilly and stir for a second
- Then add the ginger & garlic paste ,and mix it well.
- Add the tomato and mint and stir well
- Then immediately add the tomato ,curd and all the spice powder
- Let it cook till the tomato becomes mushy and mixture becomes like gravy.
- Now add the strained juice from the ground paste.
- Now add the soaked basmati rice ,salt and water.Stir it well that everything mixes well.
- Add the egg now.
- Close the pressure cooker with the lid.
- When the steam comes ,reduce the heat completely and let it cook for 15min.
- Switch off from the flame .Open it after 15min.
- Serve it hot with raita.
- Dont cut the eggs,slitting ensures more flavour.
- This is medium spicy you can add more chilly to your taste.
- Coconut milk makes the rice more flavourful using only the juice enhances more taste , you can add the ground paste also.
- using less chilly powder gives us pale color.